Seven Habits of Highly Effective People
1. Be proactive. Take responsibility for making things happen.
2. Begin with the end in mind. Have a goal or mission statement that
you are aiming for.
3. Put first things first. Prioritize.
4. Think win/win. Negotiate so that no one loses, everyone is better
off after an agreement is reached.
5. Seek first to understand, then to be understood. Listen to others
closely before jumping in and telling them what you want or what you are
6. Synergy. Working with others so that the final effect is greater
that the sum of your efforts.
7. Sharpening the saw. Getting enough rest and working on self
development in the areas of physical, mental, spiritual and social/emotional
The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success
1. The law of infinite potentialities -- The universe is full of
infinite possibilities, don't limit your choices.
2. The law of giving -- Learning to give is an equal part of learning
how to accept.
3. The law of karma -- We create our world by our thoughts and
actions. (What goes around comes around.)
4. The law of least effort -- Accept what is, don't try to fight the
universe. Use the natural flow of life to push your efforts along, rather than
trying to fight against it.
5. The law of intention and desire -- Use your desire to drive the pursuit of your goals.
6. The law of detachment -- Do what you know is right without being
overly influenced by results.
7. The law of dharma -- You have something unique to give the world.
Follow your own personal path and use your unique talents to express your true
The Seasons of Success
Success is a process that cycles through phases, like the seasons.
Spring -- Tilling new ground, planting new seeds, beginning to work with
Summer -- Growth, weeding, implementing plans of action.
Fall -- Harvest, reaping the fruits of our efforts.
Winter -- Rest period, time to withdraw, incubate new ideas, set new
Developing a Major Definite Purpose
1. What would you do with your life if you had
$10,000,000.00, tax free?
2. Imagine you're 97 years old, you've accomplished everything you've ever
wanted and you are about to write your life story. What are the main points that you
want people to know about what you've done? How do you want them to remember
3. What would you attempt to do with your life if you absolutely knew that
you could not fail? What dream would you dare to dream if you knew that success
4. What do you love to do more than anything else? What brings you the
greatest joy, satisfaction, and self esteem?
The answers to these questions will help you to determine
an over-arching goal, a 'major definite purpose' that will be in line with your
deepest desires and your most firmly held values and beliefs.
Examining Emotional Blocks
Pick five areas where you feel blocked.
B. Prioritize your list.
C. For the first priority area complete these sentence stems
with at least ten sentence completions each. Write quickly, with as little editing as
1. When I think about this blocked area I feel...
2. Whenever I start to apply myself in this area I feel...
3. The hardest thing about being blocked here is...
4. The good thing about being blocked here is...
5. If I were to stay conscious in this area and work on this
issue I might...
6. I think this block may be related to my family of origin
7. When I think about how my life might change if I excelled
in this area I...